- ECISD curriculum is the TEKS Resource System curriculum.
- Direct resources and supply materials necessary to implement a guarantee and viable curriculum.
- Provide high-quality professional development taking advantage of the instructional coaches, instructional videos, webinars, regional conferences, and Region 3 Education Service Center offerings. All teachers are well equipped to implement an aligned curriculum with quality and fidelity.
- Hold principals accountable for effective implementation of fully aligned TEKS Resource System curriculum.
Instruction & Feedback
- Make weekly time with instructional leaders a priority spending time in classrooms and sharing with campus leaders.
- Observe principal and Instructional Coaches practice associated with instructional leadership and give evidence-based feedback to cultivate improvements in practice, including serving special populations.
- Communicate bright spots and opportunities for growth to principals regularly and monitor progress toward goals.
- Collaboratively plan high-quality professional learning experiences for principals and teaching faculty using resources, such as the Lead4ward webinars, instructional videos, book studies, and other researched-based resources.
- Constantly message the importance of improving the quality of instruction aligned with the TEKS through the ECISD Professional Learning Communities Framework.
Data-Driven Instruction (DDI)
- Work with principals and Instructional Coaches to ensure that 9 weeks common assessments and/or performance tasks are available across the district.
- Hold principals accountable for establishing and monitoring, and using the ECISD Professional Learning Community Framework to improve student outcomes.
- Provide the Professional Learning Communities Framework to support and train principals, teachers, and Instructional Coaches on the effective use of formative and summative assessments to improve student outcomes.
- Support system-wide (campus to campus) sharing and learning on Data-Driven Instructional practices.
Culture of Safety & Development
- Communicate expectations for professional growth and development through practice, feedback, reflection, and coaching for all staff.
- Work with parents, community, and the Board of Trustees to ensure policy and budget alignment support improved student outcomes.
- Provide evidence-based feedback to leaders and decision-makers in the work of creating a safe and growth mindset environment.
- Constantly message and model a “kids first” culture.
- Constantly message and foster an environment in which professional growth is a process that involves a growth mindset.
- Transparently name and discuss challenges of changing the culture to one based on learning and growth mindset.
- Provide support for the implementation of the EC's PR Plan.
- Provide training to assist staff in working with families from poverty.