PRINCIPALS AND CAMPUS LEADERS
Curriculum: All teachers fully implement high quality, deeply rigorous, and fully aligned TEKS Resource system curriculum.
- Understand deeply what is demanded by the TEKS Resource System Curriculum.
- Evaluate all instructional materials and ensure their alignment to the TEKS Resource System Curriculum.
- When observing instruction, identify evidence of well-planned and aligned objectives. Compare taught curriculum to district curriculum.
- Hold critical conversations with teachers who are not prepared, collaborative or late to department planning meetings.
- Hold critical conversations with departments who turn in lesson plans late or below proficient according to the Lesson Plan Rubric.doc.
Instruction & Feedback: All teachers' instruction is constantly improving in its alignment to TEKS and instructional practices due to actionable, evidence-based feedback.
- Make daily time in classrooms a priority by spending 1 - 3 hours per day in classrooms collecting evidence and sharing evidence based feedback on instruction.
- Use the Eduphoria walk through document as a vehicle for clearly articulating to teachers, evidence that their instructional decision points match the rigor and elements of the TEKS.
- Engage in regularly scheduled walkthroughs across content areas and provide feedbackinstructional_leaders_script_meeting_with_teacher.docx to teachers on instructional practices to more closely align with the TEKS, including a focus on adhering to legal guidelines and making the general education curriculum accessible to all learners. (ELL, Rti, BIP, IEP, GT and At-Risk).
- Use a tool to systemize, track, document and follow up on feedback given to each teacher.
- Create time for grade level teams/ content areas to ground their work in the readiness, supporting and process standards.
- Use time assigned for faculty meetings as learning time for teachers to focus on instruction.
- Effectively leverage staff in order to protect time for observation and feedback.
- Provide additional support for new_or_struggling_teachers.doc.
Data Driven Instruction (DDI): All teachers incorporate results from analysis of periodic common formative assessments and/or performance tasks to inform instruction and address student misconceptions and preconceptions.
- Utilize the data-driven_instruction_assessment_rubric.doc to guide the development of a data-driven culture, assessments, analysis and action plans to ensure:
- Use Eduphoria Heat Maps to analyze periodic common assessments and/or performance tasks which measure grade level progress on TEKS/STAAR.
- Conduct ongoing data analysis that follows a format such as the instructional_data_team_idt_agendas_-teacher_lead.doc in department planning meetings.
- Check that all teachers are systematically re-teaching, providing interventions and adjusting teaching practices based on analysis of student progress against the 9 weeks assessment and state standards.
- To prepare for critical conversations centered on analysis of 9 weeks test and STAAR data, Instructional Leaders may use planning tools such as the instructional_data_team_idt_agendas_-teacher_lead.doc and guide_to_analyzing_data.doc.
- Use this guideline to disaggregate and administer 9 weeks common assessmentsguidelines_for_9_weeks_assessments.docx.
Culture of Safety & Development: All educators report feeling part of a safe, risk-taking environment where it is safe to try new things and get smarter at implementing the state standards.
- Communicate expectations for all adults to develop and continuously improve through practice, feedback, and reflection. Yearly evaluate your school using the creating_a_learning_environment.docx.
- Constantly message and model a “kids first” culture and call out behavior and language which violate such a culture.
- Constantly message and foster an environment in which professional growth is a process that involves risk taking, making mistakes, and perseverance.
- Monitor that staff is “Capturing Kids Hearts” and greeting students at the door. Call out behavior and language which violates such a culture.
- Monitor the implementation of EC’s PR Planecs_pr_plan.docx on the campus.
- Monitor that all teachers have posted and are following Classroom/Teacher Expectations and making regular parent contact.