Curriculum: All teachers fully implement high quality, deeply rigorous, and fully aligned TEKS Resource system curriculum.
- Follow and understand the TEKS Resource System Curriculum for content area.
- Build a collaborative department that is focused on student success before self.
- Prior to school year complete content Curriculum Map by adjusting YAG to match district calendar and follow the Lesson Planning Cycle.docx.
- Collaborate to develop a common weekly lesson plan, staying two weeks ahead.
- Designate reteach and remediation activities on the common lesson plan.
- Check department lesson plans against the Lesson Plan Rubric.doc. Notify principal if lesson plans are below proficient or teachers are not prepared.
- When instruction calls for mathematical problem solving, use and refer to the district-wide problem solving method. Math and science teachers need to have the ricky_problem_solving_poster.pdf visable in the classroom.
- Utilize the Department Planning Agenda.doc as a guideline for department planning meetings.